Video Intercom System To Answer Your Door
When a visitor comes to your door, see who’s there and talk with them remotely through the ABB Hands-Free Video Single Family Home Kit. This complete video door intercom system comes with an outdoor station with a speaker, microphone, and camera and an indoor station with a hands-free intercom and video screen. It also includes the required system controller and mounting box. Once set up, the system not only allows you to talk with and see visitors, but also optionally connect an electric lock for remote unlocking, and even optionally switch on a light through the indoor station. The controller also supports a wide range of add-on components (sold separately), so you can expand the system as you wish.
- Provides audio communication with visitors at your door
- Indoor station with color screen displays video from outdoor camera
- Calls are initiated either by the visitor or by the resident
- Can optionally trigger a door strike release and/or switch on a light
- Connections require only 2 wires for ultra-flexible installations
- Standard range up to 1,968 feet (600 m), extends with power boosters
Available Options: Without Induction Loop or With Induction Loop
- 4.3″ Color Video Hands-Free Indoor Station, White (M22311-W)
- Video Outdoor Station, 1/2 Pushbutton, Aluminum (M21351P1-A)
- Mini System Controller (M2301)
- Aluminum Flush-Mounted Box, 2-Gang/Module (41022F)
4.3″ Color Video Hands-Free Indoor Station
Talk with visitors at your door, see them on-screen, and even talk room-to-room with people in your home through this video indoor station, intended for installation inside your home. When the station rings, simply press a button to answer. The built-in speaker and microphone provide clear audio communication, and the six touch-sensitive buttons make it easy to access other functions in the system, including triggering a door lock release, manually taking snapshots, calling a station, and more.
- Automatically stores 2 photos of visitor in resident’s absence
- Memory stores up to 60 still photos total
The station has five touch-sensitive buttons that are pre-programmed for various functions, and one that is custom programmable. These buttons function as follows:
- Communication: Answers and ends calls.
- Door Opener: Unlocks an electric door lock (not included).
- Mute: Switches off the microphone of the indoor station during a conversation, preventing the visitor at the front door from listening in. It can also be used to switch off the bell. The bell switches back on automatically after 10 hours.
- Programmable: For a customized function, e.g. intercom, second lock control, relay actuator control for light switch or additional lock, etc.
- Snapshot: For taking a photo of visitors at the front door during communication.
- Settings: For configuring the device.
Two different models are available, either with or without a built-in induction loop. With a built-in induction loop, the station supports hearing aid users by sending incoming audio wirelessly to the hearing aid(s) and directly into the resident’s ear(s).
Video Outdoor Station
Ideal for installation outside near your door, this video outdoor station is a pre-assembled two-module station that includes the Audio Module with 1/2 Pushbutton (M251022A-A) and the Camera Module (M251021C), as well as the required 2-module Aluminum Faceplate (51022CF-A). This configuration allows a visitor to initiate a call with the Indoor Station by pressing the pushbutton and to then talk with the resident, while the resident can view visitors through the camera from the included Video Indoor Station.
- Built-in speaker, microphone, and two door lock terminals
- Wide-angle camera with manual view adjustment
- Built-in IR lighting provides clear night vision
- Activated by indoor station or built-in pushbutton
- Adjustable lock release time and speaker volume
- Integrated optic sensor for day/night mode
With a built-in speaker and microphone hidden behind a solid aluminum face (no speaker holes), the Audio Module provides two-way communication and can optionally trigger an output. Because the built-in button can be programmed for use either as a single button or as a two-button rocker, it can be customized for various applications. Used as a two-button rocker, the left side could be used, for example, to initiate a call, while the right side could be used to switch on a connected light. The module allows you to connect an electric lock for remote door unlocking. No independent power supply is needed for the lock. A second terminal for a second lock is also available. The lock release time is adjustable for security.
When a visitor presses a pushbutton to initiate a call to an indoor station, one of the Audio Module’s three status LEDs indicates whether the call is successfully made or the system is busy. If the call is successful, the call LED illuminates. A second LED illuminates when communication is possible, and the third LED illuminates if the resident has remotely unlocked a connected door for the visitor to enter. The button(s) also provide an adjustable feedback ringtone.
The live video feed from the Camera Module’s wide-angle camera can be viewed anytime through the Video Indoor Station. Built-in IR lighting ensures you can see clear images even at night, and a built-in heater prevents fog from covering the lens and obscuring your view. Furthermore, the camera’s scratch-resistant and fire-resistant finish helps prevent vandalism.
Mini System Controller
As the brains of the system, the controller connects the included stations together, as well as add-on components (sold separately), allowing communication between them. Each component connects to the controller with two wires. Suitable wire (sold separately) includes doorbell wire, Cat5, coax, or any other one pair of twisted pair wiring (no need to double up). Overheat, short-circuit, and lightning protection help prevent damage to your system.
The Video Hands-Free Indoor Station surface-mounts to the wall using its screw holes, or flush-mounts using either the ABB Flush Mounted Box for 4.3″ Video Hands-Free Indoor Station (42311F, sold separately) or the Cavity Wall Set (51021CS, sold separately), or desktop-mounts into an ABB Desktop Bracket (42311D, sold separately).
Each of the Video Outdoor Station’s two modules install into the included 2-gang Flush Mounted Box. After the modules are wired into the system, they simply snap into the box, and the included faceplate snaps onto the box over the modules. The box can be flush- or surface-mounted. When surface-mounting, a same-size Rain Hood (sold separately) is required.
The Mini System Controller is designed to mount onto a DIN rail (not included) according to DIN EN 500022.
ABB: Power & Productivity For A Better World
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), officially branded the ABB Group, is one of the most expansive engineering corporations in the world. From its hometown in Zurich, Switzerland, this Swedish-Swiss power and automation manufacturer spans across ~100 countries, bringing its technology to every corner of the globe. With history harking back to the 1880’s, ABB is a renowned behemoth of cutting-edge development. Create a better world in your own corner of the world with products by ABB.